Monday, October 4, 2021

It's the most wonderful time of year... well almost.

 Oh my goodness. I am so sorry I've been really absent from my blog. Well you know, life happens and sometimes things drop off. Let me remedy that! So it's October already and this is when I usually start my Christmas cards. I like to get them done early or yea start them early so I can have plenty of time. 

So this year I decided to do something fun. 12 Weeks of Christmas. I'll post a theme each Monday starting October 4, 2021 and show you Christmas cards, holiday gift giving ideas and more. The theme may focus on a color scheme, a stamp set or a stamp bundle. It's gonna be really fun. 

First up: a color scheme. I like to mix fun color schemes in with traditional ones. It's your holiday cards and crafts- make them as fun as you want! 

For the week of October 4th I'm going to do a Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate and Basic White color scheme. Fun- right?! 

Today I've made a card with this fun theme and paired it with Snowman Season stamp set. The background has some fun texture added too. I made my background of strips of cardstock and then embossed it with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. Oooo I love how it turned out! 

To make my background I had strips of 1/4" and 1/2" cut from Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate and Basic White cardstocks. I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 5" x 3 3/4" and adhered the strips in a pattern with liquid glue. You can use whatever adhesive you have. I prefer the multipurpose liquid glue because it has a little wiggle room before it dries. 

I stamped my snowman in Basic Gray classic ink on Basic White cardstock and colored in the hat, scarf and nose with Stampin' Write markers. Then I die cut it with a stitched rectangle. The greeting is stamped in Basic Gray as well and the extra snowflakes are stamped in Smoky Slate classic ink. Adhere the strip background to a Smoky Slate card base. Then adhere the snowman layer with stampin' dimensionals. 

Here's an up-close pic of the embossed background. After I adhered all the strips, I let the piece dry well. Then I trimmed off any excess hanging over the edge. Once it's dry, choose the embossing folder you'd like to use. Emboss just like you would any other piece of cardstock. This adds some fun texture to your card. 

For the inside, I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 5" x 3 3/4". I adhered strips along the bottom to look like the background on the front. Then I embossed the bottom of my inside layer as well. I love this little detail and how it adds texture to the inside of my card. We often forget to pretty up the inside to match the front. You can also stamp a snowman on your envelope and color him. 




Supplies for this card:
  • Smoky Slate, Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay and Basic White cardstocks
  • Basic Gray and Smoky Slate classic ink pads
  • Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate and Mango Melody Stampin' Write markers
  • multipurpose liquid glue and stampin' dimensionals
  • Snowman Season stamp set
  • Stitched Rectangles dies
  • Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder
  • basic crafting tools such as scissors, paper trimmer, cut & emboss machine, clear blocks, stamp cleaner, etc.




I hope you've enjoyed this color scheme and give it a try. I love the dark purple and bright teal together. Check back throughout the weeks and see what else is on my 12 Weeks of Christmas list of fun things. You can also follow me on Facebook @StampingwithBethRoy. I share samples throughout the week and have a Facebook live video on Saturday mornings at 9am eastern. I'd love to connect with you there. 

Do you need a demonstrator? I'd be happy to help. Email me at stampandcreatewithbeth@gmail.com with questions. 

Ready to shop? Go to my online store here.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out what I've been up to. 

*Facebook live video making this card:



Take care, 
~ Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stained Glass Card Technique- Check out this amazing technique

 Have you ever made a stained glass card or one that looked like a stained glass window? It's a super neat technique. You're gonna l...