Friday, July 24, 2026

Sunset Coast Lighthouse Birthday Card

 


I love lighthouses- how about you? The Sunset Coast bundle by Stampin' Up!® has a unique lighthouse die. It has a peak-through circle area that allows your background to be seen. Layer it up with designer series paper (patterned paper) or create your own background. 

For this card, I used a Basic White cardstock piece to die cut the lighthouse. Then I colored the sand and lighthouse with Stampin' Blends markers (alcohol markers). The little sea gulls are also included in this set. I used Stampin' Blends to add a little color to them as well. 

The background was created by stamping another piece of Basic White cardstock with the water stamps from the Sunset Coast stamp set. 
 
To create the layered blues, I stamped the larger water stamp first with the stamping off technique and Balmy Blue (second generation). You ink up your stamp and stamp off onto a scrap piece and then stamp onto your project. Then, I used the smaller water stamp (could be the sun or moon reflection) and Balmy Blue ink.  The colors for the lighthouse are Cherry Cobbler, light Smoky Slate and Natural Tones medium 500. I used a variety of colors on the sand- Crumb Cake, Natural Tones Medium 500, and Ivory. The birds have a little light Smoky Slate on them and I used the color lifter to help smooth out the edges. 
I love how this card turned out. Below you'll find some more cards I made with this set. 

Card Measurements:
  • Base 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
  • Misty Moonlight layer 4" square
  • Basic White layer 3 3/4" square (2 of these)
  • Scrap white to die cut birds
  • Scrap white strip 1/2" x whatever length you need for your greeting
  • Basic White layer for inside 5 x 3 3/4"

This die set has several stand alone dies and a few that die cut stamped images from the coordinating stamp. I love the variety of dies. You can make some stunning cards with this set. 

Products used:
  • Basic White cardstock
  • Misty Moonlight cardstock
  • Balmy Blue cardstock
  • Sunset Coast bundle 
  • Balmy Blue and Misty Moonlight classic inks
  • Stampin' Blends Markers (Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Ivory, Natural Tones medium, and color lifter



Watch my tutorial video to see how I added color to my lighthouse die cut.


More inspiration with this set. Love all the possibilities. I'll definitely be playing more with this one. 

For this card, I used the same basic layer as my card in the video. I changed up the colors for the ground and used Old Olive and Smoky Slate. The lighthouse is Cherry Cobbler and light night of Navy. To add fireworks I used a couple of retired sets- light up the sky and in the city. The water and sky are stamped with the water image stamp from Sunset Coast. Greeting is from Simply Said stamp set. 

I love how this one came out. I made this for the 250th birthday of the USA. The fireworks are stamped in Misty Moonlight, Real Red and Smoky Slate classic inks. 

What colors would you use for your lighthouse? How about the ground?


Close-up of the ground. I used Smoky Slate in the negative areas for a rocky look.





The Sunset Coast is part of a suite collection- Scenic Coast. The 6 x 6" paper pack is full of gorgeous scenes with an iridescent foil on one side. I love how it looks behind my Secret Sea die cut lighthouse layers. I used the new hot foil system to add greetings to this card. Love the silver sparkle. Hot Foil dies used- Classic Greetings and Sweetly Sentimental. 

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my cards. Go grab your set and start creating! 

Do have this set or some of the supplies? Shop in my online store

Thank you for all your support. When you shop with me, it allows me to buy new products and share more inspiration. I earn a small commission when you shop in my Stampin' Up!® store at no extra cost to you. 

Happy Creating!
~ Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunset Coast Lighthouse Birthday Card

  I love lighthouses- how about you? The Sunset Coast bundle by Stampin' Up!® has a unique lighthouse die. It has a peak-through circle...