Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Fun all occasion cards with Brights designer series paper

 

Do you hoard your beautiful designer series paper? I must admit, I’m totally guilty of this. I’m trying hard to use it instead of leaving it uncut on my shelf.  One of my favorite designer series papers currently available is the color family packs. You get 48 sheets in a variety of colors based on the Stampin’ Up!® color families.

For my cards today, I used the Brights designer series paper pack. I picked four colors- Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green and Pacific Point. I love the pop of bright color against Basic Gray. I love using a couple of card layouts and making a set of cards. For this set, I used Basic Gray cardstock for my bases as well as my layer behind my Whisper White stitched square.  It was time to give some love to my stamps sitting on my shelf. I pulled out Waterfront. It has a great watercolor look that goes with any occasion. Just pair it with any of your favorite greetings.







Which color combo is your favorite? Get out that designer series paper and try one of these layouts. Don’t have a Cut & Emboss machine? No worries. You can simply cut squares the size you need with your paper trimmer. If it’s on your list, I have a great way for you to get it and a future discount of at least 20% on all your orders. Ask me about the starter kit!

You can share your creation with this layout on my Facebook post. I'd love to see what products you use and how you change it up. 

Measurements: 

  • Basic Gray card base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded in half
  • Basic Gray layer (used with ribbon only): 5 1/4" x 4"
  • Designer Series Paper layer: 3" x 4" or 3" x 5 1/4"
  • Scalloped Square: #2 from largest
  • Square: largest die or cut with trimmer 2 7/8" x 2 7/8"
  • Stitched Square: largest die
  • Banner: approximately 1/2" x 3" and hand cut bannered edge.
  • Stitched Rectangle: smallest narrow die
  • Ribbon is approximately 4 1/2" band. tape to back of layer. Cut a piece long enough to slide under band and tie a knot. 
I used Waterfront, Lovely You, Free as a Bird, and Art Gallery stamp sets. Art Gallery will be available January 5, 2021. Embellishments used are Whisper White faux linen ribbon (Flowers for every season ribbon combo pack), 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle ribbon, Frosted & Clear epoxy droplets, and Elegant faceted gems. Use what you have on hand to bling up your cards. Inks used are Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green and Basic Gray.

Need a quick gift? Pair these with Stampin' Up!'s Acetate card boxes and gift a set of cards and envelopes. 


I hope you enjoyed these ideas for your designer series paper stash. ~Happy stampin', Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stained Glass Card Technique- Check out this amazing technique

 Have you ever made a stained glass card or one that looked like a stained glass window? It's a super neat technique. You're gonna l...