Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Quick card with Peace to You, Hope & Peace and Watercolor Shapes stamp sets

 Are you ready to start your Christmas card stash in July?

Usually I'm busy creating for everyone else and designing classes. I tend to neglect what I may need for the upcoming season especially Christmas cards. So that is changing this month, this year! I've started my Christmas cards early so I have my stash all ready to go when it gets near. We often think of this for birthday, thank you and sympathy cards but don't stock up on holiday cards. 

Today I want to show off the Peace to You stamp set. I love the images and sayings in this simple but beautiful stamp set. I have some tips on getting a great stamped image in my video below. 


Measurements for this card:

  • Night of Navy card base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded in half or scored at 4 1/4"
  • Basic White Layer (front stamped piece): 5" x 3"
  • Basic White strip for greeting: 2 1/2" x 1"
  • Basic White layer for inside: 5" x 3 3/4"
I stamped the Holy family image using the Stamparatus. I highly recommend using this tool so you can ink and stamp the image a few times. It has quite a bit of solid background to stamp. I used Night of Navy classic ink for my image and greeting.

To get the watercolor background, I made a mask for the Holy family image with the Stampin' Up! masking paper. Then I stamped the largest rectangle from the Watercolor Shapes stamp set in Balmy Blue classic ink several times until the background was filled. Once you've finished stamping the background, you can remove the masking paper and your stamped image was protected. I colored in Joseph and baby Jesus with Early Espresso, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry watercolor pencils, Mary is colored with Balmy Blue watercolor pencil. I did not add water to activate the pencil. I like the texture of just the pencil. If you want to water color this image, I recommend stamping in the black Staz On ink or using a blender pen to activate the pencil. Night of Navy ink is water based and can smear with water. Check out my video below to see how I stamped the background and colored the Holy family. 

Here's some other cards I made with the Peace to You and Hope & Peace stamp sets:

Here's another version of the card above with die cuts and colored with Stampin' Blends markers.


On this card I created an inlay stitched circle with the circles from Stylish Shapes dies. 
I used a Night of Navy stampin' write marker to color in the white areas on the side. You'll need
to add a few layers to darken it. Greeting from Hope & Peace is heat embossed with silver powder.
Add wink of Stella to your star to add some shine. I also added it to baby Jesus.

Quick and simple card using the church image with Night of Navy classic ink.
Trim image down and leave some extra toward the bottom for greeting.
Add wink of Stella to cross, trees and ground. Greeting stamped in Night of Navy.

Have some fun and use a bright color combo and designer series paper. 
Bermuda Bay and Basic Gray classic ink and Sweetest Christmas dsp.


Match your colors to the designer series paper you want to use.
Sweetest Christmas dsp striped pattern. Pool Party and Basic Gray classic inks.



Check out my YouTube video tutorial on my card and tips on using this stamp set. 

Would you like to check out this stamp set and the other items I used today?
You can browse and search for products in my Online Store

Here's a resource with all the products in a cart for your convenience. You can remove anything you already own or do not need. Peace to You card shopping list

You can view my coloring video of the Holy family done with Stampin' Blends markers here.

BONUS: If you shop in July and August 2022, it's Saleabration time. For every $50 spent (before tax and shipping) you earn FREE Saleabration items from the Saleabration Brochure. These are exclusive stamps, dies and papers that are while supplies last and only available during Saleabration. Don't miss it! 
Check out all the Saleabration items here.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope you enjoyed this card and have some ideas for how to use these gorgeous stamp sets. 

Let's stay connected: 

Take care and happy stampin' 
~ Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stained Glass Card Technique- Check out this amazing technique

 Have you ever made a stained glass card or one that looked like a stained glass window? It's a super neat technique. You're gonna l...