Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Quick and easy watercolor wash background how-to

It's World Watercolor month! 

I'm kicking off my month with a little watercoloring. Here's a great technique anyone can do- a watercolor wash background. I love this technique for quick backgrounds that you can stamp an image on top of and create a quick and simple card. 

 


I've create three notecards with the same watercolor pencils (Night of Navy, Pacific Point and Balmy Blue). The background intensity changes with how much pressure you use when applying the pencil to your paper. I colored with the pencils right onto Basic White cardstock. Then used a water painter to smooth out the pencil. Note: when using water painters with basic white cardstock do not use very much water. The cardstock will pill or pull apart as it gets over saturated. I use a damp brush with very little water. You an also use fluid 100 watercolor paper if you have it.

Supplies used:
  • Watercolor pencils assortment 1 and 2
  • Water painters
  • Basic White and Night of Navy cardstock
  • Basic White notecards
  • Honeybee Home and Happiness Abounds stamp sets
  • Opal rounds
  • Night of Navy blends markers
  • Night of Navy classic ink pad
I used Basic White notecards & envelopes to make some quick birthday cards.


Measurements for this card:
  • Basic White notecard base
  • Night of Navy cardstock 4 3/4" x 3 1/4"
  • Basic White cardstock 4 1/4" x 2 1/2"
  • Basic White strip 1/2" x 3"


Measurements for this card:

  • Basic White notecard base
  • Night of Navy cardstock 4 7/8" x 3 1/4"
  • Basic White cardstock 4 1/4" x 2 1/2"
  • Basic White strip 1/2" x 3"


One this card I stepped it up a bit by adding some opal rounds embellishments that I colored with my dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blends marker.

Measurements for this card:

  • Basic White notecard base
  • Night of Navy cardstock 4 7/8" x 3 3/8"
  • Basic White cardstock 4 3/4" x 3 1/4"
  • Basic White strip 1/2" x 3"

Want to see how to do this technique? Check out my quick YouTube video.




Do you need the products I used on todays cards? You can check out all the items I used in my Online Store or in this shopping list.

--> Give this technique a try! It's fun and quick and you can create a ton of backgrounds in a flash. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Happy Stampin' 

~ Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stained Glass Card Technique- Check out this amazing technique

 Have you ever made a stained glass card or one that looked like a stained glass window? It's a super neat technique. You're gonna l...