Thursday, July 28, 2022

How-to: One Sheet Wonder- notecard version

 Have you tried a one sheet wonder?

What is that anyway?

Here in the card making world it's simply cutting up your designer series paper (patterned paper) and making a set of cards with the full sheet. I love doing this to use up my patterned paper stash. 

I can then use the cards for myself or even better, make sets to gift. And since it's friendship day coming up this weekend, I'm making loads of gifts for all my friends who support me.  They support me in all aspects of life and in my business. Some are card makers and some just love to send cards and support me in other ways like watching my videos and buying handmade cards from me. 

So today, I want to introduce you to a one sheet wonder with notecards. I love notecards and if you've been hanging with me for very long, you know this. Notecards are great for quick cards and are mailable here in the US. They come in packs of 20, are pre-scored and have envelopes. Perfect, right?! 


I made 20 notecards with my template for a 12" x 12" piece of designer series paper. Wow that's a load of cards. I'm dividing them up into gift sets and making cute gift bags too. Isn't this a great friendship gift? Check out my video below to see how I made these and the gift bag from start to finish. 

Feel free to copy my template:


You can use a 12" x 12" sheet of patterned paper or 4- 6" x 6" sheets. I show how to do all the cutting in the video.
Feel free to change the diagonal cut and cut that in half either way. You'll end up with these pieces:
  • 4- 3" x 3" pieces (I cut one up into 1" x 3" strips)
  • 4- 2" x 3" pieces
  • 4- 1" x 5" pieces
  • 4- 1" x 1" pieces (You could cut this a little different- I go over this in the video. These are used on one card.)
  • 2- 4" x 3" pieces
  • 1- 4 1/2" x 3" piece
  • 2- diagonal pieces (Cut piece 4 1/2" x 3" then place dots at 1/2" from bottom right and top left. Line up dots in trimmer and cut diagonal)
  • 2- 1 1/2" x 3" pieces
Here's some more close-ups of the finished cards. I used different colored cardstock for mats but you could use all one color. Have fun with it and mix and match.







I used Basic Black, Basic White, Basic Gray, Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry cardstock. The black and white pattern design allows for many color choices. You can also add color to the patterned paper with watercolor pencils, markers (blends or stampin' write), ink pads and water painters, whatever you like. The cardstock layer is 1/4" bigger than the patterned paper. You can adjust this if you want a smaller border.  

I designed these cards for beginners or any level of card maker. You'll need patterned paper, notecards, one ink color, cardstock if you want to mat your patterned paper, a trimmer, some favorite greetings and basic stamping supplies (clear blocks and cleaning tools) and cardstock strips. I cut loads of Basic White cardstock and end up with piles of strips that are 1/2" and 1" so I used those on the cards I need to add a space for a greeting. The gift bags are available in my online store too. All you need to do is decorate it. 

I hope you've enjoyed these cards and give this one sheet wonder a try. Here's another set that I made that is a little stepped up. I used die cuts instead of cardstock strips. For the gift bag I used a blending brush and added some Merry Merlot to the bottom of my bag. 


Need some Stampin' Up! supplies? Head on over to my online store

If you need any help deciding what to get for this project or what you need to get started, please email me at stampandcreatewithbeth@gmail.com.

*It's Saleabration time here at Stampin' Up! so you'll earn free, exclusive products from our Saleabration brochure with a minimum $50 order before tax and shipping (US). 

Watch this how-to tutorial video for this project from start to finish. 



Thanks for stopping by my blog today and checking out my cards. Please let me know if you try this. I'd love to see how you use it.

Take care and happy stamping
~ Beth 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stained Glass Card Technique- Check out this amazing technique

 Have you ever made a stained glass card or one that looked like a stained glass window? It's a super neat technique. You're gonna l...