Monday, July 25, 2022

Fall themed card with Christmas Barn stamp set

 Christmas Barn stamp set isn't just for Christmas and winter themed cards! 

Sometimes stamp sets have a set holiday or season they're intended to be used for. I love when we can use a stamp set intended for Christmas or winter all year long. Christmas Barn is definitely one of those stamp sets. It also has a coordinating die set too. You can buy it as a bundle and save 10%. 

For this card, I used the barn along with some other products that say Fall to me. The color scheme has a Fall feel too. The barn is a line stamp so you can add color any way you like. I have watercolored it, used watercolor pencils without water and Stampin' Blends markers.  You can customize your barn and make it any color you like. I love the look of a red barn so all my samples use red. I hope you play with this set for all seasons and enjoy coloring the barn with your favorite coloring tools. 


This card was made on my Facebook live- Coffee and a Card. The participants help in deciding some things for the card. It's a great time to see the creative process and learn how to make cards. I stamped in Saddle Brown Staz-On ink and watercolored my barn. I used Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Balmy Blue classic inks and water painters. The trees are stamped in Soft Suede (stamped off once), Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Mango Melody and Cherry Cobbler. My banner layer is the Knit Together background stamp in Cajun Craze. I used watercolor paper for my stamped layer with the barn and fall trees. The other layers are Very Vanilla cardstock and Soft Suede for the card base. 

Measurements:
  • card base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded in half or scored at 4 1/4"
  • banner layer (very vanilla): 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". stamp with background stamp then trim banner part with scissors or a die
  • Very Vanilla cardstock layer: 5" x 3 3/4". cut 2- one for front and one for inside card.
  • Watercolor paper: 5" x 3 1/2". stamp and watercolor. Then trim around images with scissors.
  • greeting strip: 1/2" x 2 1/4" or whatever length fits your greeting.
*Let watercolored layer dry before adhering card layers together.

I used Christmas Barn, Beauty of Friendship, Happiness Abounds and Knit Together stamp sets. The barn was stamped and then I made a mask with the masking paper before stamping the trees behind the barn. You can see how I made this card in the video below. 

Here are some other Fall cards made with the barn stamp set that were watercolored. 



This card is a little simpler with less layers.  


I decided to try using the watercolor pencils but not activating them with water for this card. I love the texture you get from coloring with the pencils. I used Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Old Olive and Garden Green watercolor pencils. The tree is stamped in Crushed Curry, Mango Melody and Crum Cake and then fussy cut with scissors.

My last card I paired with Aspen Tree dies (coordinates and is bundle with Perched in a Tree stamp set). 


It's a simple card with a stamped layer (Very Vanilla) and stepped up with some die cut leaves. The leaves are die cut from colored cardstock (Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral and Blackberry Bliss) and stamped with the texture stamps in Perched in a Tree stamp set. I love the texture from the die cut and the splatter stamps. The greeting is also from Perched in a Tree stamp set. The barn is colored with Stampin' Blends markers - light/dark Cherry Cobbler, dark Real Red, light/dark Old Olive, dark Mossy Meadow, light/dark Smoky Slate. For the sky behind the barn, I used Balmy Blue classic ink and a blending brush. 

I hope you'll give this stamp set a try and use it all year long. It's a great addition to any stamp collection. 

Note: It's Saleabration time in July and August. If you purchase the Christmas Barn bundle and adhesive or the Perched in a Tree bundle, you'll qualify for a level 1 Saleabration item FREE! You can shop in my online store here.

Need help deciding on what to get? Email me and I'd love to help you get decide what you need for your project. You can email me at stampandcreatewithbeth@gmail.com.


*This video is a Facebook live replay. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my cards today. 

Take care and enjoy your time getting creative. 
~ Beth

Let's stay connected on Facebook here.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Stained Glass Card Technique- Check out this amazing technique

 Have you ever made a stained glass card or one that looked like a stained glass window? It's a super neat technique. You're gonna l...